Monday 3 January 2011

Bling – Horological Hunting


It’s the new year, and I have my list of resolutions. I plan to be organised this year and will clear out the junk in my home office. I will be timely and on time this year and not turn up 10 minutes late for appointments. I will keep abreast of the news and grow my portfolio of investments. I will pick up running again – maybe competitive – and I will see to my kid’s schoolwork. All these point to needing to tell the time, and with so much on my dainty little plate, I cannot possibly continue to be a one-watch woman can I? So I have been doing some horological hunting….



The blinged best I've seen so far is Harry Winston’s Avenue classic which is supposed to bring out the spirit of Manhattan - the arched motif reflects its Fifth Avenue flagship, it seems. The hardware consists of 50 brilliant cut diamonds on its case and 124 diamonds on black or white mother of pearl and looking stylish and flash. All in all, 4.7 carats of candy at a price I just don’t want to know! Available at The Hour Glass.

I also like Chopard’s The Happy Sport Starry Love, a cute limited edition timepiece made just for The Hour Glass for Valentine’s Day. Hence the campy name and the cute diamond encrusted heart freely mobile in the middle. It’s sporty and feminine and luxurious all at the same time, with a black ceramic, aluminium bezel and titanium case-back, a glittery black dial and a black satin strap with steel buckle. Water resistant up to 30m, and costs $4,550. We like!

Burberry's known for its trenchcoats and scarves, but how about watches? Check out their Autumn/Winter Collection for fun fashion pieces!

Finally, for something you can buy on a whim, Fossil’s just launched its vintage bronze collection with dark brown or black leather straps, or canvas field strap. Cheap and cheerful, but also very stylish and so Indiana Jones. Available from Fossil stores and online from mid January.
- Ee Waun





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Simply Fabulicious Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada