Sunday 2 August 2009

By The Way - Doggie Style!




Chart courtesy of the Hong Kong Observatory









I stopped complaining about the Singapore weather especially after I experienced Summer in Hong Kong.

Humid and horrible, its best described as being akin to being roasted in an oven and then grilled in a hotpot of disgusting heavy laden polluted air. I am definitely a cold weather fan.

This weekend was exceptionally sweltering (see above chart) at 33 degrees and I made the huge mistake of venturing out with my 4 year old for tea with some friends and of all places in Soho at Central, amidst the labyrinth of staircases and tiny restaurants out in the open.

I could feel the generous layer of BB cream on my face struggling to keep my pores closed tight, SPF sunscreen screaming "save yourself", my sunglasses brimming with the trickles of sweat that had collected on my brow and my four year old asking incessantly for aircon and water. It was a feat to be fabulicious.
From the time, I stepped off the train -- I was in complain mode and grouchy - uptil the point when this happy sight made my day!

I have to say Hong Kongers either have a sense of humour or they do truly have good hearts and love their pets very much. I trust it is both of these.


This is Dolly, my 4-year-old daughter Alexis' new found feline friend. We met her and her owner (a friendly local shop owner) on our way to tea. He said he felt so sorry for his dog that this was the only reprieve he could provide for her against the glaring heat! (Sunnies held together by a loose rubber band).

So Singaporean dog lovers (and I know there are lots out there), get inspired to make some shades for your furry friend. You can now add real heart and meaning to the term "doggy style". - Elaine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Simply Fabulicious Copyright © 2009 Cosmetic Girl Designed by Ipietoon | In Collaboration with FIFA
Girl Illustration Copyrighted to Dapino Colada